Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stuff I'm excited about

Just a few upcoming music events I'm hoping to get to:

September 18-19, 2009 Old Town Bluesfest in Lansing

This should be a good one. I love any kind of outdoor festival scene, big or small. Bluesfest is free and has lately been drawing a big crowd. I'll be at this for sure, at least on Saturday if not both days. Look for pictures!


Thursday October 8, The Macpodz at Macs Bar in Lansing

The Macpodz are a jam band out of Ann Arbor. They released their first album in 2007 and have played at some festivals like Dunegrass and Wakarusa. I've never seen the band, but I love what I've heard (listen to some of their tunes on the site) and am expecting a great show.


Saturday October 10, an Acoustic Evening with The Verve Pipe at The Ark in Ann Arbor

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to make it out to this one, but who can pass up the promise of some 90's throwbacks?


Saturday October 24, Mason Jennings at Magic Bag in Ferndale

I happened to pick up the album Boneclouds by Mason Jennings at the library about a year ago and love it. The lyrics are poetic, his sound is unique and he looks like the kind of guy I could hang out with. I can't wait to see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment